Monday, June 7, 2010

Our "Professional" cleaners on ABC news!

Two weeks ago, a group of working professionals from Hope Church, Brisbane rolled up their sleeves and went out to participant in the annual Yes We Care initiative organised by Kenmore Baptist Church, support by the Lord Mayor Campbell Newman.

Some of our friends from the New Generation group were interviewed by ABC news on the day.


Last Saturday, more than 2000 volunteers unites for Yes! We Care day, when 600 householders were assisted.

Erica Platt was one. "They're helping me out because plants have got away from me and they're growing all over the fence line, so hopefully I'll have a nice tidy yard by the time they've finished!" she said.

Erica was amazed when a group of about seven youths wielding secateurs and clippers knocked on her to offer their help.

"I couldn't believe it!," she said. "I thought I was getting one man and maybe a lad or something like that."

"Their blood's worth bottling - they can come again," she laughed.

Read the full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment